The purpose of the Path Forward–Strategy Implementation Team is to create an ongoing process to support the vision and goals articulated in the University of Iowa Strategic Plan. The team will drive an ongoing, active process to identify, prioritize, and recommend actions on institutional initiatives generally with timelines of one to five years.
The team will coordinate with the Path Forward–Operations Team and the President’s Cabinet and regularly report to the UI community on progress toward achieving the vision and goals of the Strategic Plan. Ongoing work of the Strategy Implementation Team should:
- Emphasize the role of administrators and faculty/staff leaders in the development of a vision and corresponding execution.
- Be based on continuous insights on external factors, direction of higher education, weighing alternatives, etc.
- Be driven by perception of gaps between UI’s current and future states.
- Address various institutional long-term needs (one to five years) that enable future-state success.
- Clearly define the appropriate future state.
- Coordinate with the Path Forward–Operations Team and UI President’s Cabinet.
- Assess and build capabilities to reach future state.
- Barry Butler (Chair)
- Rod Lehnertz (Operating Team Chair)
- Bruce Harreld (President/Cabinet Chair)
- Tom Rocklin (VP for Student Life)
- Carroll Reasoner (Legal Counsel)
- Dan Reed (VP for Research and Economic Development)
- Georgina Dodge (Chief Diversity Officer)
- Keith Carter (UIHC representative—Department of Ophthalmology)
- Peter Matthes (Senior Advisor to President)
- Sue Curry (Dean representative—College of Public Health)
- Christina Bohannan (Faculty representative—College of Law)
- Frank Durham (Faculty representative—College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
- Lena Hill (Faculty representative—College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
- Cornelia Lang (Faculty representative—College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
- Peter Snyder (Faculty representative—Carver College of Medicine)
- H.S. Udaykumar (Faculty representative—College of Engineering)
- Sherry Watt (Faculty representative—College of Education)
- Monica Madura (Staff representative—College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
- Matthew Watson (Staff representative—Health Care Information Systems)
- Samantha Lange (Graduate and Professional Student Government representative)
- Jacob Simpson (UI Student Government representative)
- Jackie Lewis (UI Foundation)
- Laura McLeran (Ex-Officio Member, Senior Advisor to the President)
- Keith Saunders (Ex-Officio Member, Governmental)
*—Additional UI subject-matter experts will be engaged in accordance with issues being reviewed