The purpose of the Path Forward–Operations Team is to create an ongoing process, utilizing a diverse team of university representatives, to support the institutional vision and goals articulated in the University of Iowa Strategic Plan, and objectives developed by the Path Forward–Strategy Implementation Team.
The team will maintain a continuous, collaborative process to review ongoing Institutional/Regent/State responsibilities, and identify, study, and recommend actions on institutional initiatives generally with timelines of zero to 18 months. The team will coordinate with the Path Forward–Strategy Implementation Team and the President’s Cabinet and regularly report to the UI community on progress related to zero- to 18-month responsibilities that enable achievement of the vision and goals of the Strategic Plan.
Ongoing work of the Operations Team should:
- Emphasize the role of a broad-based, collaborative team in maintaining progress on critical zero- to 18-month institutional needs and requirements.
- Utilize the diverse representation of the team and additional content experts to gain university-wide understanding of and commitment to zero- to 18-month issues.
- Consider and advance understanding of internal and external factors impacting zero- to 18-month issues and future-state objectives.
- Be driven to enable future-state vision objectives targeted by the Path Forward–Strategy Implementation Team.
- Identify and study new opportunities that make the future-state objectives feasible, while addressing current and pressing institutional issues.
- Coordinate with the Path Forward–Strategy Implementation Team and UI President’s Cabinet.
- Rod Lehnertz (Chair)
- Barry Butler (Strategy Implementation Team Chair)
- Bruce Harreld (President/Cabinet Chair)
- Laura McLeran (Senior Advisor to the President)
- Georgina Dodge (Chief Diversity Officer)
- Terry Johnson (CFO)
- Kevin Ward (Interim VP for Human Resources)
- Carroll Reasoner (Legal Counsel)
- Don Szeszycki (Provost Representative)
- Don Guckert (Facilities Representative)
- Ron Weigel (UIHC Representative)
- Steve Fleagle (ITS Representative)
- Alec Scranton (Dean Representative—College of Engineering)
- Lena Hill (Faculty Representative—Department of English)
- Steve McGuire (Faculty Representative—School of Art and Art History)
- Sarah Vigmostad (Faculty Representative—Department of Biomedical Engineering)
- Erin Brothers (Staff Representative—Division of Sponsored Programs)
- Anh Ngo (Graduate and Professional Student Government Representative)
- Andrew Namanny (UI Student Government Representative)
- Tiffani Shaw (UI Foundation)
- Keith Saunders (Ex-Officio Member, Governmental)
- Peter Matthes (Ex-Officio Member, Senior Advisor to the President)
*—Additional UI subject-matter experts will be engaged in accordance with issues being reviewed