- 2014: "What made it so exciting?"
Performing Arts and Theatre Arts
- 2012: Defaced Books and the House of Fiction
- 2010: "Being Here"
- 2009: “From the Dawn of Space to the Edge of the Solar System”
Donald A. Gurnett
- 2008: “Art and the Constitution”
Randall P. Bezanson
- 2007: "Molecular Basis of Muscular Dystrophy and Approaches to Therapy"
Kevin P. Campbell
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
- 2006: Paradoxes of Legislatures
- 2005: "Seeing War at a Distance: Photography from Antietam to Abu Ghraib"
History; UI Center for Human Rights
- 2004: "The Epsilon-Delta Blues: Math at the Crossroads"
- 2003: "Beauty and Meaning in Music...Lend Me Your (Bionic) Ears"
School of Music; Speech Pathology and Audiology
- 2002: "Who Will Care? Research and Service on Behalf of Iowa’s Impaired Elders"
- 2001: "Fascinations With the Human Voice"
Speech Pathology and Audiology
- 2000: "Genes and Environment, Science and Society"
Jeffrey C. Murray
- 1999: "Small Comets and Our Origins: The Ecstasy and Agony of the Scientific Debate"
Louis A. Frank
Physics and Astronomy
- 1998: "What Do We Represent? Walt Whitman, Representative Democracy, and Democratic Representation"
- 1997: "Fade In, Fade Out: Aspirations of National Cinema"
- 1996: "Eco-Logic: An Environmental Perspective for the 21st Century"
Jerald L. Schnoor
Civil and Environmental EngineeringLecture transcript
- 1995: "The Mind and Heart of Progressive Legal Thought"
- 1994: "The Pathway of Discovery in Pursuit of a Genetic Disease"
Michael J. Welsh
- 1993: "O Brave New World! Exploring the Mind and Brain in Health and Disease"
Nancy C. Andreasen
- 1992: "The Modern Saga of Planetary Exploration"
James A. Van Allen
Physics and Astronomy
- 1991: "A Poetry Reading"
Iowa Writers’ Workshop
- 1990: "Molecular Biology of Parasites Causing Tropical Diseases"
John E. Donelson
- 1989: "The Sacred and the Secular: Religion in the State University"
George W. Forell
- 1988: "Genius on the Opera Stage: The Life and Art of Lotte Lehman"
- 1987: "History Will Do It No Justice: Women’s Lives in Revolutionary America"
Linda K. Kerber
- 1986: "Horde, Band and Tribe: Northern Approaches"
- 1985: "What’s in a Brain That Ink May Character?"
Antonio R. Damasio
- 1984: "The Onward Way"